Summer is coming and it’s the perfect time to try something new. So why not change your hairstyle? Take a look at our suggestions and we promise you will be in the centre of attention this summer.
1. Long hair with gradual layers – Long hair never goes out of style, but it’s very easy for it to look ordinary and worn out. So, if you’re not giving up on your long hair even during the hot summer days, you need to add certain something to freshen it up. Gradual layers is the way to go. Keeping your hair the same length can look a bit boring, but if you add texture to the edges, it gets a whole new modern look.
2. Top knots – This is probably one of the simplest ways to make your hair fashionable in a short time. And you can wear it anytime. During the day, it’s a great solution to keep your hair out of your face, while in the evenings it can turn into an elegant updo. You don’t have to worry if your hair is curly or wavy, this hairstyle works for every type of hair. And even if you don’t have time to wash your hair, just scoop it up and you’re ready to go.
3. Messy waves – Whatever your hair length, messy waves will become your favorite hairstyle this summer. This hairstyle is perfect for you if you already have wavy hair. Just let your hair dry on its own instead of blow-drying it and you’re all set. Messy waves are ideal for those hot afternoons while you’re drinking coffee with your friends, or casual evenings on vacation when you have little time to style your hair.
4. Braids – Braids always look god, but they are especially convenient in the summer period. You love your long hair, but it suddenly starts driving you crazy when it just adds to the heat outside. And this summer, braids have truly exploded. You can find millions of types of braids and they all look equally good. What is so great about them is that you can wear them to work and on a night out, all you have to do is just choose the appropriate style.
5. Long bob – Long bob, or popularly “lob”, is one of the hottest trends this summer. And the reason why it’s so popular is because it’s practical. It is still long enough to be put into a ponytail or a bun, but without taking hours to take care of it. It is also a great choice if you have long hair and are looking to try something new, but you’re not quite ready to say goodbye to all of your hair. It can also be worn straight, or wavy and curly and it always looks good.
6. (S)ombre color – Last year we had that revolutionary ombre style which allowed you to play with your hair color. In case you don’t know what it is (which we highly doubt), it means dying your hair darker at the root and lighter at the ends. Sombre is the same thing, only a bit more subtle. The color transition is gradual and more natural. Whichever of these two you choose, and whichever color you have in mind, this hairstyle always looks stunning.
7. Bright colors – As summer approaches, the weather becomes more beautiful, days become sunny and bright, and our mood improves. So we get the inspiration to make our hair more cheerful as well. And that’s an excellent idea. So why not try something crazy this season? Stars like Katy Perry and Hilary Duff are already rocking purple and pink hair, combining this trend with sombre color. So if you’re young and you’re willing to try something risky, we say – go for it.
8. Updos – Before, wearing an updo meant something formal. It had to be tidy and glamorous. But now, we can wear an updo anytime and it doesn’t have to be perfect. Just sweep your hair up, get a trendy hairband or some bobby pins and it’s done. If you are creative, you can combine styles and add a braid to your updo. There are many versions to try out and if you master the art of making updos, your options are endless.